SAT stands for ‘Scholastic Assessment test’ and is an entrance test for students aspiring to admit for undergraduate courses abroad, especially in the US and Canada colleges and universities. It is a written paper-pencil test and helps evaluate the language and mathematical reasoning skills of the applicants.
Before going for any examination, maximum preparation is required to get the necessary success. therefore, you need to have a copy of SAT Past Questions in PDF Format to use and prepare adequately for the exams. We will explain what it is all about, how it is patterned to suit your demand and the easiest way to download or get it. Pounds to Naira
What is SAT Past Questions in PDF Format
Let us begin by explaining what this past question and answer is all about. SAT Past Questions in PDF Format is the compilation of all the Past Questions that have over the years.
We have made it very simple, portable, and affordable such that every student can get it or download it as long as they have access to the smartphone. therefore, SAT past questions is what every intending SAT candidate needs to pass the examination well. SAT Past Questions And Answer in PDF Format
All those who have bought our SAT Past Questions in PDF Format have been giving testimonies of how it helped them. We are very sure it is going to help you as well. When you get this past question it will definitely help you to score higher than your competitors and give you an edge over them. Pounds to Naira
With the proper use of our original SAT Past Questions in PDF Format, you will definitely pass the SAT examination and come out with flying colors smiling. This SAT past question comes to you through your email address or Whatsapp once you make payments to purchase it. The downloadable format is going to be in softcopy, you can either choose to download it and read with your android phone or laptop and at your own convenience – wherever and whenever. Jamb Result
How is SAT Past Questions in PDF Format Patterned?
Normally, the SAT Past Questions in PDF Format is in a multiple-choice question pattern. We have made it very easy for you. we bring all the questions for many years and put them together but we indicate the specific years of their occurrence. We provide the correct answers in order to save your time. All you need to do is to devote quality time to study the SAT Past Questions in PDF Format and watch yourself change the narrative by scoring better than you expected in the examination. Waec Result
Why You Need A Copy of SAT Past Questions in PDF Format Download
There are several reasons why you will need to download/get this past question. But for the purpose of clarity, we will explain a few. You need this past question for the following reasons;
- It will expose you to the questions that have been asked years back as most of those questions and answers get repeated every year while some will just be rephrased. So if you don’t have a copy of this past question, then you are losing out.
- It, however, provides useful information about the types of questions to expect and helps you prevent unpleasant surprises.
- You will be able to detect and answer repeated questions quickly and easily.
- You will be able to find out the number of questions you will see in the exams.
SAT Past Questions Sample
In other to know that we are giving out the original SAT Past Questions, we have decided to give you some free samples as proof of what we said earlier.
ALGEBRA PRACTICE TEST 1
1. If Lynn can type a page in p minutes, what piece of the page can she do in 5 minutes?
- p – 5
- p + 5
- 1- p + 5
2. If Sally can paint a house in 4 hours, and John can paint the same house in 6 hour, how long will it take for both of them to paint the house together?
- 2 hours and 24 minutes
- 3 hours and 12 minutes
- 3 hours and 44 minutes
- 4 hours and 10 minutes
- 4 hours and 33 minutes
3. Employees of a discount appliance store receive an additional 20% off of the lowest price on an item. If an employee purchases a dishwasher during a 15% off sale, how much will he pay if the dishwasher originally cost $450?
4. The sales price of a car is $12,590, which is 20% off the original price. What is the original price?
5. Solve the following equation for A : 2A/3 = 8 + 4A
6. If Leah is 6 years older than Sue, and John is 5 years older than Leah, and the total of their ages is 41. Then how old is Sue?
7. Alfred wants to invest $4,000 at 6% simple interest rate for 5 years. How much interest will he receive?
8. Jim is able to sell a hand-carved statue for $670 which was a 35% profit over his cost. How much did the statue originally cost him?
9. The city council has decided to add a 0.3% tax on motel and hotel rooms. If a traveler spends the night in a motel room that costs $55 before taxes, how much will the city receive in taxes from him?
- 11 cents
- 15 cents
- 17 cents
- 21 cents
10. A student receives his grade report from a local community college, but the GPA is smudged. He took the following classes: a 2 hour credit art, a 3 hour credit history, a 4 hour credit science course, a 3 hour credit mathematics course, and a 1 hour science lab. He received a “B” in the art class, an “A” in the history class, a “C” in the science class, a “B” in the mathematics class, and an “A” in the science lab. What was his GPA if the letter grades are based on a 4 point scale? (A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0)
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS ASKED WITH EXPLANATIONS
The following proportion may be written: 1/p=x/5. Solving for the variable, x, gives xp = 5, where x=5/p. So, Lynn can type 5/p pages, in 5 minutes.
Sally can paint 1/4 of the house in 1 hour. John can paint 1/6 of the same house in 1 hour. In order to determine how long it will take them to paint the house when working together, the following equation may be written: 1/4 x+1/6 x=1. Solving for x gives 5/12 x=1, where x= 2.4 hours, or 2 hours, 24 minutes.
Sale Price = $450 – 0.15($450) = $382.50, Employee Price = $382.50 – 0.2($382.50) = $306
$12,590 = Original Price – 0.2(Original Price) = 0.8(Original Price), Original Price = $12,590/0.8 = $15,737.50
In order to solve for A, both sides of the equation may first be multiplied by 3. This is written as 3(2A/3)=3(8+4A) or 2A=24+12A. Subtraction of 12A from both sides of the equation gives -10A=24. Division by -10 gives A = -2.4.
Three equations may initially be written to represent the given information. Since the sum of the three ages is 41, we may write, l + s + j = 41, where l represents Leah’s age, s represents Sue’s age, and j represents John’s age. We also know that Leah is 6 years older than Sue, so we may write the equation, l = s + 6. Since John is 5 years older than Leah, we may also write the equation, j = l + 5. The expression for l, or s + 6, may be substituted into the equation, j = l + 5, giving j = s + 6 + 5, or j = s + 11. Now, the expressions for l and j may be substituted into the equation, representing the sum of their ages. Doing so gives: s + 6 + s + s + 11 = 41, or 3s = 24, where s = 8. Thus, Sue is 8 years old.
Simple interest is represented by the formula, I = Prt, where P represents the principal amount, r represents the interest rate, and t represents the time. Substituting $4,000 for P, 0.06 for r, and 5 for t gives I = (4000)(0.06)(5), or I = 1,200. So, he will receive $1,200 in interest.
$670 = Cost + 0.35(Cost) = 1.35(Cost), Cost = $670/1.35 = $496.30
The amount of taxes is equal to $55*0.003, or $0.165. Rounding to the nearest cent gives 17 cents.
The GPA may be calculated by writing the expression, ((3*2)+(4*3)+(2*4)+(3*3)+(4*1))/13, which equals 3, or 3.0.
How to Buy
How are you sure we will deliver the past question to you after payment.
Our services are based on honesty and integrity. That is why we are very popular.
For us (ExamsGuru Team), we have been in business since 2012 and have been delivering honest and trusted services to our valued customers.
Since we started, we have not had any negative comments from our customers, instead, all of them are happy with us.
Our past questions and answers are original and from the source. So, your money is in the right hand and we promise to deliver it once we confirm your payment.
Each year, thousands of students gain admission into their schools of choice with the help of our past questions and answers.
7 Tips to Prepare for SAT Exams
- Don’t make reading your hobby: A lot of people put reading as a hobby in their CV, they might be right because they have finished schooling. But “You” are still schooling, so reading should be in top priority and not as a hobby. Read far and wide to enhance your level of aptitude
- Get Exams Preparation Materials: These involve textbooks, dictionaries, SAT Past Questions in PDF Format, mock questions, and others. These materials will enhance your mastering of the scope of the exams you are expecting.
- Attend Extramural Classes: Register and attend extramural classes at your location. This class will not only help you refresh your memory but will boast your classroom understanding and discoveries of new knowledge.
- Sleep when you feel like: When you are preparing for any exams, sleeping is very important because it helps in the consolidation of memory. Caution: Only sleep when you feel like it and don’t oversleep.
- Make sure you are healthy: Sickness can cause excessive feelings of tiredness and fatigue and will not allow you to concentrate on reading. If you are feeling as if you are not well, report to your parent, a nurse or a doctor. Make sure you are well. Waec Result
- Eat when you feel like: During the exam preparation period, you are advised not to overeat, so as to avoid sleep. You need to eat little and light food whenever you feel like eating. Eat more fruits, drink milk, and glucose. This will help you to enhance retention. Npower Recruitment
- Reduce your time in social media: Some people live their entire life on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger chat. This is so bad and catastrophic if you are preparing for exams. Try and reduce your time spent on social media during this time. Maybe after the exams, you can go back and sleep in it.
If you like these tips, consider sharing them with your friends and relatives. Do you have a question or comments? Put it on the comment form below. We will be pleased to hear from you and help you to score as high as possible.
We wish you good luck!